Binkies in the Drawing Room is a weekly journal, filled with rabbits, binkies and the challenges that is the learning curve of raising a new pet.
WEEK FOUR
DAY ONE
I came home a bit late from work and the two of us sat outside her cub munching apples. She climbed up on me when hers was finished. Know how to beg already! House rabbit.
DAY TWO
Well, well. Ra Ra is becoming quite the settled little rabbit. After running around the drawing room and into the kitchen and out and behind the space-saver and back out into the drawing room again she 'binkied' her way back to the outer room and took a nibble of her goodies to re-energise herself for another dash around the rooms. I even took a nap and forget her out accidentally (in case my mother's reading this) and when I woke up, she was in her spot lounging behind the sofa, giving me her 'bored kitty' face. All the doors were closed so she didn't go out anywhere but I was more surprised at the fact that she didn't fill the whole house with poop!
DAY THREE
Ra Ra was not going to be bored today. While Saturdays are slow in my house, Sundays are full of pace, washing, cooking, cleaning, and the little rabbit took full advantage of me not having both of my eyes on her. So, outside she went! Twice! I found her flopping around in the mud!!! Bad Ra Ra! She did stay still long enough to let me clean her feet after I got her away from nibbling the grass though. She sniffed at the closed door several times during the day and finally decided it was a waste of her bunny time.
DAY FOUR
Given our little routine Ra Ra and I seem to be getting used to each others movements. I get up on mornings, let her out, and she lounges around the outer room until her suite is cleaned and ready for her, WITH room service! Once she's back in she munches away and goes to her second level for a mid-morning nap. She used to dash around her cub at the slightest movement near her cage but she understands now, 'I ain coming out again, until evening so I might as well relax!' She spends the day nibbling, sleeping, scratching her nails on the wood flooring underneath the paper, underneath the vinyl, that is UNDERNEATH the plastic in her cub. Yes, she rips it all up and I replace it again on evenings. She doesn't even budge if I happen to open the cub again before I leave on mornings to put in anything. By evening she's ready to run, and if I come on time, she's still lounging, if I'm late, she's shifting impatiently behind the wires waiting for me. And once she's out, it's Speed Racer around the house (or hide from my niece, it depends). I usually give her two hours then put her back in but once she's in, it's back to RelaxNation, see you in the morning!
DAY FIVE
My sister calls it the Hyatt spaces. The spots that Ra Ra loves to lounge in, her head flat to the side, mouth open, one eye vigilantly scoping out the area for any lurking babies. Behind the single seater couch, underneath the space-saver behind the full Lexicon Encyclopaedia series. Ahhhh. Nice and cool.
DAY SIX
I gave Ra Ra a piece of Bhaji today. A dark green veg. She nibbled some of it, and left the rest. Not too sure how she feels about that. We'll try again next week. Still not drinking any water. I hope her lounging is more about being utterly relaxed and happy and nothing to do with being lethargic from lack of water. Then again, when she starts to race, she races! No lethargy there at all.
DAY SEVEN
Ah, babies. Ra Ra seems as if she wants to play with my niece sometimes or at least sniff her feet but it's just down-right dangerous! They have a.. 'kinda' game they play. It's akin to 'hide and seek'. Ra Ra seems to not mind being chased quietly, once she isn't caught and almost strangled after ward. Apparently the only thing that my niece can do quietly and gently with the rabbit is feed her but it's only so long the rabbit will want to eat. Ah well, they do keep each other company during the day, so I hear. We'll see, if by next week (or next year) a quieter, less grabby relationship may arise, for all our sake.
Till next week. Enjoy this journey with your pet!
No comments:
Post a Comment